If you’re wondering why your energy bill is sky-high and you want to save money on your energy bill, consider using an HVAC system. Most of us panic when we receive our monthly energy bill. Worse, we are unsure how to prevent costs from surging.
But don’t worry. Most homeowners and renters face this same issue. Instead of working extra hours to cover the difference, you should learn about the benefits of an HVAC system.
Benefits Of Using HVAC
There are many advantages of using heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. First and foremost, replacing your current heating and cooling devices with more efficient HVAC equipment saves you approximately 50% of your power usage. In addition, rather than breathing dirty air, HVAC improves indoor air quality.
Consulting the experts eliminates the need to lug around portable units to multiple rooms in your house. Self-installation is neither time nor cost-effective. You can rely on professionals to install your system hassle-free instead of carrying them.
More so, using an HVAC company means they assist with ongoing maintenance. And their options are more reliable and versatile, providing several cooling/heating sources to choose from (i.e., a heating pump, gas unit, or electric unit).
Maximizing The Efficiency of Your HVAC System
If you want to save money on your energy bill, you can make several changes in your life and home.
Here are 8 ways to make your HVAC system more efficient:
- Change your air filter regularly– to prevent your system from backing up and utilizing more energy, you must change your air filter regularly. If your home is taking longer to cool or there’s dust surrounding your a/c vents, you must replace the filter.
- Smart Thermostat- a smart thermostat is essential for families constantly arguing over the temperature. When several individuals change the thermostat, you can link the thermostat to your smartphone, ensuring that one person controls the device.
- Keep Your Thermostat At Stable Temperature- a great way to save power with HVAC is to keep the temperature between 70 and 78 degrees Fahrenheit. You can program the unit or check it daily to ensure no one manipulates the thermostat beyond a specific range.
- Leave your system on and keep the temperature at a specific setting. By turning it on and off or changing the temperature drastically in either direction, you waste energy.
- Weatherize Your Home- weatherizing your home is one of the most critical steps to maximizing your HVAC is weatherizing your home. First, you can insulate your pipes with foam covers to prevent heat from escaping, purchase a heater insulation blanket, and seal air leaks in your windows/doors with caulking.
Specifically, you want to caulk the holes around the frames and use foam insulation tape to seal any gaps between the bottom of the door and the floor. And to close the space between the door and the threshold, you can buy a sweep for your garage.
More Energy Saving Tips
- Reduce Your Dryer Usage- when you hang your clothes outside, you prevent your utility bill from skyrocketing. Drying clothes day and night draws a significant amount of energy. Besides, if the weather is warm, your clothes will dry just as fast.
- Cover Your Windows- when you cover the windows with thick curtains/shades, you prevent the sun from creating a greenhouse effect, which causes the air conditioning to work harder. Otherwise, the HVAC system draws more power to keep your house cool.
- Turn On Your Ceiling Fans- turning on your ceiling fans counterclockwise pushes the cool air to the bottom of the room. Doing so stops the cooling system from working so hard. Also, this prevents you from lowering the temperature for extended periods, drawing additional energy.
- Unplug All Unused Appliances- believe it or not, keeping your appliances plugged in 24 hours a day may be one reason you’re paying obscene amounts of money to your power company. Whether or not you realize it, having any device plugged in all day draws voltage even without use.
So, remember to beware of high-wattage appliances like microwaves, toasters, and coffee pots, since they will create additional charges on your bill.
Hire Professional HVAC Services
Gone are the days when you must pay astronomical heating and cooling costs! Given its advantages, you’re better off installing an HVAC system if you’re wondering how to save money on your energy bill.
Action Air Conditioning, Inc, located in Tampa, Florida, provides the ultimate in-home comfort and worry-free installation. Contact Action Air Conditioning today to secure your financial freedom and quality services!